Pumpkin, medium sized
Rice, 2 cups, uncooked
Almonds, 1 cup, whole or slivered
Walnuts, 1 cup, whole or crushed
Raisins, 1 cup
Dried apricots, 1 cup, chopped
Honey, ½ cup
Butter, 1 stick
Cinnamon, 2 teaspoons
LEMONETTE Zesty Cumin with Turmeric Dressing, 1 cup
1. Cut the lid of the pumpkin and set aside. Do not throw away.
2. Scoop out the inside of the pumpkin, removing all seeds and pulp.
3. Cook the rice.
4. Add cinnamon, honey, nuts and dry fruit to the 5. cooked rice. Pour Zesty Cumin dressing and mix.
6. Fill the pumpkin with the rice mixture.
7. Place a stick of butter inside the pumpkin, put lid of pumpkin back on, and wrap the pumpkin with 3 layers of foil.
8. Preheat oven to 450° F. Bake pumpkin for 1 hour. Then reduce heat to 350 and continue baking until it is tender and fully cooked.
9. Cut into long strips along the pumpkin’s vertical grooves, scoop filling atop each strip. Drizzle a little Zesty Cumin dressing on it, and enjoy!